Continuous AC monitoring with Sonel MPU-1 for complete safety in power networks.
The Sonel MPU-1 leakage current alarm device is designed to monitor (measure) leakage current in AC, low and medium voltage power networks. It is used to carry out measurements whose results determine the safety status of the monitored installation in terms of leakage current flow. The device allows its users to set a threshold of leakage current flowing through a network, above which a visual/acoustic alarm will be triggered.
The most important features of the MPU-1 instrument include:
- continuous monitoring of alternating current flowing through earthing,
- measurement on one or two clamps simultaneously, in the case of measurement using two clamps, the current value is summed, and this provides the capability of measuring spun poles with independent clamps for each component pole,
- diode indicator of operating mode,
- alarm in the event of flow of current higher than the alarm threshold (factory setting 1 A), sound and visual alarm (speaker built into the housing),
- measurement with flexible Sonel F-series coil (Rogowski coil) with a max. length of 2 m,
- measurements in low- and medium-voltage networks with frequency of 50 Hz or 60 Hz,
- automatic selection of measuring range,
- monitoring of battery level,
- ergonomic operation.
- Technical Specification
Display range Resolution Accuracy 0.1 A...9.9 A 0.1 A ±(5% m.v. + 2 digits) 10 A..299 A 1 A ±(5% m.v. + 2 digits)