Measurement of fault loop and more
Get to know the Sonel MZC-304 compact short circuit loop impedance meter with many measurement functions.
The presented model is one of the smallest instruments available on the market intended for short circuit loop impedance measurements in 230/400 V networks and continuity of protective and equipotential connections measurements. The MZC-304 meter performs short circuit loop measurements with a resolution of 0.01 Ω, also in the case of measurements in networks protected with RCD switches. With a backlit keyboard and display, the device can be used even in low light. The device has a sealed casing with IP 67 protection, which is characterised by excellent resistance and ensures smooth operation even under adverse environmental conditions.
The device meets the requirements set out in standard PN-EN 61557.
- Fault loop impedance measurement with 0.01 Ω resolution.
- Low-current impedance measurement in circuits protected by RCD ≥ 30mA with 0.01 Ω resolution (range of 180...270 V)
- Operates in networks with voltages 220/380 V, 230 V/400 V, 240/415 V (operating range 180...460 V)
- Operating voltage range: 180…270 V (for ZL-PE and ZL-N) and 180…460 V (for ZL-L).
- Maximum measuring current: 7.6 A for 230 V (3x10 ms), 13.3 A for 400 V (3x10 ms).
- Operating frequency 45…65 Hz
- Calculation of Ik fault current.
- Measurement with swapped L and N conductors.
- Measurement of resistance (RS) and reactance (XS) components.
- Low-voltage measurement of continuity of circuit and resistance.
- Contact electrode - quick testing of proper connection of PE conductor.
- Voltage measurement 0...500 V.
- Frequency measurement 45.0...65.0 Hz.
- Memory of 990 measurement results, ability to transfer the data to a PC via Bluetooth.
- Power supply: batteries (4 x LR14) or rechargeable batteries (4 x NiMH).
The instrument is dedicated to personnel performing measurements in single and multi-family buildings, office buildings, industrial plants and any other places equipped with low voltage electrical systems. In addition, the meter is intended for maintenance personnel working on objects, where fault currents reach 4.4 kA (measured according to EN 61557). MZC-304 is also a great tool for checking circuits additionally protected by residual current devices.
- Technical Specification
Measurement functions Measurement range Display range Resolution Accuracy Voltage 0 V…500 V 0 V…500 V from 0.1 V from ±(2% m.v. + 2 digits) Frequency 45.0 Hz…65.0 Hz 45.0 Hz…65.0 Hz 0.1 Hz ±(0.1% m.v. + 1 digit) Short-circuit loop parameters 2p method - standard current measurement maximum current 13.3 A from 0.13 Ω…1999 Ω acc. to EN 61557 0.00 Ω…1999 Ω from 0.01 Ω ±(5% m.v. + 3 digits) 2p method - measurements without tripping RCDs from 0.5 Ω…1999 Ω acc. to EN 61557 0.00 Ω…1999 Ω from 0.01 Ω from ±(6% m.v. + 5 digits) Short-circuit current readings 2p method - standard current measurement Calculated on the basis of test ZS ranges and rated voltages 1.110 A…40.0 kA from 0.001 A Calculated on the basis of error for fault loop 2p method - measurements without tripping RCDs Calculated on the basis of test ZS ranges and rated voltages 1.110 A…24.0 kA from 0.001 A Calculated on the basis of error for fault loop Measurement of continuity of protective conductors and equipotential bonding Low-voltage measurement of continuity of circuit and resistance with ±200 mA current 0.12 Ω…400 Ω acc. to EN 61557-4 0,00 Ω…400 Ω from 0.01 Ω ±(2% w.m. + 3 cyfry) Measurement of resistance with low current 0.0 Ω…1999 Ω 0.0 Ω…1999 Ω from 0.1 Ω ±(3% w.m. + 3 cyfry)