SET MPI-540-PV + IRM-1
1. Multi-function meter of electrical and PV system parameters Sonel MPI-540-PV
The multifunctional meter of electrical installation parameters Sonel MPI-540-PV is an advanced tool created in particular for measuring parameters of photovoltaic installations. With the use of one device, it is possible to carry out a whole range of tests on the DC and AC sides in accordance with the guidelines of the EN 62446 standard. In addition, the Sonel MPI-540-PV is also used to carry out all measurements to determine the safety condition of domestic as well as industrial electrical installations. The presented meter is a device with advanced capabilities, dedicated to specialists operating in the installation and electrical industry.
When measuring the parameters of a photovoltaic installation, the meter automatically recalculates the parameters to the STC (Standard Test Conditions) reference conditions. Measurements of voltages, currents and power on the AC and DC side of the inverter will verify its efficiency. After transferring the data stored in the meter's memory to the Sonel Reports PLUS program, it is possible to generate a report of photovoltaic installation parameters.
In order to automate measurements, the Sonel MPI-540-PV meter has been additionally enriched with the function of testing residual current devices in Auto mode. The instrument also has measurement sequences pre-programmed by the manufacturer (so-called autotests), which can be extended with own sequences if necessary. The capabilities and functionality of the meter will be additionally enhanced by a suitably selected additional accessory, e.g. the AutoISO-1000C adapter, which enables the automatic measurement of insulation resistance of 3-, 4- and 5-core cables.
2. Solar radiation and temperature meter Sonel IRM-1
IRM-1, small, but indispensable for testing PV systems. By measuring solar radiation values, as well as panel and ambient temperatures, it provides the necessary data to convert the results into STC conditions. A built-in recorder with a memory of 5000 records enables the instrument to be used as a tool in the PV plant design process, as well as to diagnose panel shading problems.
- Technical Specification
Measurement functions Measurement range Display range Resolution Accuracy Fault loop impedance Fault loop ZL-PE, ZL-N, ZL-L 0.13 Ω…1999.9 Ω acc. to IEC 61557 0.00 Ω…1999 Ω from 0.001 Ω ±(5% m.v. + 30 digits) Fault loop ZL-PE in RCD mode from 0.50 Ω…1999 Ω acc. to IEC 61557 0.00 Ω…1999 Ω from 0.01 Ω from ±(6% m.v. + 5 digits) Measurements of RCD parameters RCD tripping test and measurement of tripping time tA measuring current 0.5 IΔn, 1 IΔn, 2 IΔn, 5 IΔn general and short-time delay RCD 0 ms…300 ms 0 ms…300 ms 1 ms from ±(2% m.v. + 2 digits) selective RCD 0 ms…500 ms 0 ms…500 ms 1 ms from ±(2% m.v. + 2 digits) Measurement of RCD tripping current IA measuring current 0 0.2 IΔn…2.0 IΔn for sinusoidal residual current (AC type) 3.3 mA…1000 mA 3.3 mA…1000 mA from 0.1 mA ±5% IΔn for unidirectional residual current and unidirectional with the 6 mA DC bias (type A) 3.5 mA…700 mA 3.5 mA…700 mA from 0.1 mA ±10% IΔn for direct residual current (type B)) 2.0 mA…1000 mA 2.0 mA…1000 mA from 0.1 mA ±10% IΔn Earth resistance 3- and 4-pole method from 0.50 Ω…1.99 kΩ acc. to IEC 61557-5 0.00 Ω…1,99 kΩ from 0.01 Ω from ±(2% m.v. + 3 digits) 3-pole + clamp method 0.00 Ω…1.99 kΩ 0.00 Ω…1.99 kΩ from 0.01 Ω from ±(2% m.v. + 4 digits) 2-clamp method 0.00 Ω…99.9 kΩ 0.00 Ω…99.9 kΩ from 0.01 Ω from ±(10% m.v. + 4 digits) Resistance-to-earth 0.0 Ω m…99.9 kΩm 0.0 Ωm…99.9 kΩm from 0.1 Ωm Depending on accuracy of RE measurement Insulation resistance Measuring voltage 50 V 50 kΩ…250 MΩ acc. to IEC 61557-2 0 kΩ…250 MΩ from 1 kΩ from ±(3% m.v. + 8 digits) Measuring voltage 100 V 100 kΩ…500 MΩ acc. to IEC 61557-2 0 kΩ…500 MΩ from 1 kΩ from ±(3% m.v. + 8 digits) Measuring voltage 250 V 250 kΩ…999 MΩ acc. to IEC 61557-2 0 kΩ…999 MΩ from 1 kΩ from ±(3% m.v. + 8 digits) Measuring voltage 500 V 500 kΩ…2.00 GΩ acc. to IEC 61557-2 0 kΩ…2.00 GΩ from 1 kΩ from ±(3% m.v. + 8 digits) Measuring voltage 1000 V 1000 kΩ…4.99 GΩ acc. to IEC 61557-2 0 kΩ…9.99 GΩ from 1 kΩ from ±(3% m.v. + 8 digits) Resistance of protective conductors and equipotential bondings Measurement of resistance of protective conductors and equipotential bondings with ±200 mA current 0.12 Ω…400 Ω acc. to IEC 61557-4 0.00 Ω…400 Ω from 0.01 Ω ±(2% m.v. + 3 digits) Measurement of resistance with low current 0.0 Ω…1999 Ω 0.0 Ω…1999 Ω from 0.1 Ω ±(3% m.v. + 3 digits) Light intensity Measurement in luxes (lx) 0 lx…399.9 klx 0 lx…399.9 klx from 0.001 lx from ±(2% m.v. + 5 digits) Measurement in feet-candles (fc) 0 fc…39.99 kfc 0 fc…39.99 kfc from 0.001 fc from ±(2% m.v. + 5 digits) Phase sequence indication in the same direction (correct), opposite direction (incorrect), UL-L voltage: 95 V…500 V (45 Hz…65 Hz) Parameter Measuring range Max. resolution Accuracy Alternating voltage (TRMS) 0.0…500 V 0.01% Unom ±0,5% Unom Alternating current (TRMS) depending on clamp* 0.01% Inom ±2% m.v. if m.v. ≥ 10% Inom, ±2% Inom if m.v. < 10% Inom , (error does not account for clamp error) Frequency 40.00…70.00 Hz 0.01 Hz ±0.05 Hz Active, reactive, apparent and distortion power depending on configuration (transducers, clamps) 4 significant digits depending on configuration (transducers, clamps) Active, reactive and apparent energy depending on configuration (transducers, clamps) 4 significant digits as power error cosφ and power factor (PF) 0.00…1.00 0.01 ±0.03 Harmonics Voltage as for alternating voltage True RMS as for alternating voltage True RMS ±5% m.v. if m.v. ≥ 3% Unom, ±0,15% Unom if m.v. < 3% Unom Current as for alternating current True RMS as for alternating current True RMS ±5% m.v. if m.v. ≥ 10% Unom, ±0,5% Unom if m.v. < 10% Unom THD Voltage 0.0…100.0% (relative to RMS value) 0.1% ±5% Current 0.0…100.0% (relative to RMS value) 0.1% ±5% Unbalance factor 0.0…10.0% 0.1% ±0.15% (absolute error) C-4A C-5A C-6A C-7A F-1A F-2A F-3A Rated current 1000 A AC 1000 A AC
1400 A DC
10 A AC 100 A AC 3000 A AC 3000 A AC 3000 A AC Frequency 30 Hz…10 kHz DC…5 kHz 40 Hz…10 kHz 40 Hz…1 kHz 40 Hz…10 kHz 40 Hz…10 kHz 40 Hz…10 kHz Max. diameter of measured conductor 52 mm 39 mm 20 mm 24 mm 380 mm 250 mm 140 mm Minimum accuracy ≤0,5% ≤1,5% ≤1% 0,5% 1% 1% 1% Battery power - √ - - - - - Lead length 2.2 m 2.2 m 2.2 m 3 m 2.5 m 2.5 m 2.5 m Measurement category IV 300 V IV 300 V IV 300 V III 300 V IV 600 V IV 600 V IV 600 V Ingress protection IP40 IP40 IP40 IP40 IP67 IP67 IP67 Measurement functions Display range Resolution Accuracy Open circuit voltage UOC 0.0 Ω…1000 V from 0.1 V from ±(3% m.v. + 2 digits) Short circuit current ISC 0.00 Ω…20.00 A 0.1 A ±(3% m.v. + 0.10 A) Parameter Measurement range Display range Resolution Accuracy Irradiance Measurement in W/m2 100 W/m2 …1400 W/m2 0 W/m2 …1400 W/m2 1 W/m2 ±(5% m.v. + 2 digits) Measurement in BTU/ft2h 32 BTU/ft2h…444 BTU/ft2h 0 BTU/ft2h…444 BTU/ft2h 1 BTU/ft2h ±(5% m.v. + 2 digits) PV and ambient temperature Measurement in °C -20.0°C…100.0°C -20.0°C…100.0°C 0.1°C ±(1% m.v. + 5 digits) Measurement in °F -4.0°F…212.0°F 4.0°F…212.0°F 0.1°F ±(1% m.v. + 5 digits) Inclination angle -90°…+90° -90°…+90° 1° ±2° Position direction - compass 0°…360° 0°…360° 1° ±5°
- Updated Polish standards settings.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Added report generation according to IEEE 519:2022 standard for PQM-702(x)/703/710/711 (requires at least firmware 1.56).
- Improved recalculation of IL for TDD value in data analysis table.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Fixed mechanism for selecting 15-min samples in norm reports.
- Added new nominal voltage Un 346/600 V.
- Expanded micro-installations recommendation report.
- Fixed data exclusion in standards reports for PQM-702(x)/703/710/711 (requires at least firmware 1.55) and PQM-700 (requires at least firmware 1.18) recorded data.
- Fixed possibility to enable detection of waveshape variations and phase jumps events in half-period recording configurations for PQM-702(x)/703/710/711 (requires at least firmware 1.55).
- Improved recovery data mechanism.
- Minor bug fixes.
- added support for 4-quadrant energy meters for MPI-540 and MPI-540-PV recorded data (requires at least firmware 3.21);
- added new nominal voltage Un 462/800 V;
- increased micro-installations recommendation report.
- improved standard reports export;
- minor bug fixes.
- Added support for the PQM-702/703 analyzers without the OR-1 interface.
- Translation fixes in Ukrainian language.
- Added Ecuadorian standards for PQM-702(x)/703/710/711.
- Increased edit ability of the reports header.
- Implemented A3:2019 amendment to EN 50160 standard (requires restoring default values for "EN 50160:2010 + A3:2019 low voltage" standard in Program settings module).
- Fixed problem with reading NEC220.87 data.
- Improved user interface.
- Minor bug fixes.
Changes in version 126.96.36.199 compared to the previous one:
- minor bug fixes.
Changes in version 3.25.04 compared to the previous one:
- Improvements in RCD EV 6 mA DC measurements.
- Improvements in RISO measurements (type of network).
- Improvements in memory structure.
- Improvements in generating reports.
- Fixes in the fuse database.
- Improvements in PV measurements (ISC, UOC, inverter efficiency).
- Improvements in pairing via LoRa.