Professional measurements in the simplest form
The multifunctional meter of electrical installation parameters Sonel MPI-502 is a compact meter of electrical installation parameters, equipped with a number of practical functions. The MPI-502 model is a successor of the popular and valued among professionals Sonel MIE-500 meter, which was mainly used for measurements of installations protected with over-current and residual current devices in different types of networks.
The Sonel MPI-502 meter is one of the smallest multifunctional measuring instruments on the market. Despite its compact size, the device offers a wide range of functions and is distinguished by its ergonomic design and very robust casing. Another advantage of the device worth mentioning is the extremely simple operation, which, combined with the easy-to-read, backlit display, ensures high comfort of use.
The professional meter Sonel MPI-502 can be purchased as a single device, but it is also available in functional, convenient to carry sets Sonel WME-5 and Sonel WME-6, which have been created for the needs of installers and measurers. The well-equipped kit is a cost-effective solution for users who carry out various types of measurements and want to be fully prepared for their work.
- Measurement of short circuit loop parameters
- Measurement of short circuit loop impedance in networks with rated voltage: 220/380 V, 230/400 V, 240/415 V and frequency 45…65 Hz, operating voltage range: 180…460 V
- Indication of short circuit loop resistance R and short circuit loop reactance X
- Measurements of short circuit loop impedance with 15 mA current, without tripping the RCD circuit breaker
- Maximum test current: 7.6 A (at 230 V), 13.3 A (at 400 V)
- Testing RCD breakers of AC, A types
- Testing of prompt, short-delay and selective RCDs with rated current values 10, 15, 30, 100, 300, 500 mA
- Measurement of IA trip current and tripping time tA for currents 0.5 IΔn, 1 IΔn, 2 IΔn, 5 IΔn
- RE and UB measurement without RCD tripping
- Extended AUTO function of RCD measurement, with the possibility of measuring ZL-PE with low current
- Measurement of IA and tA during one RCD tripping
- Measurement of resistance of protective conductors and equipotential bondings
- Measurement of protective connections continuity with a ±200 mA current in accordance with EN 61557-4
- Autocalibration of test leads - any leads can be used
- Low current resistance measurement with sound signaling
- Checking the correctness of PE connection using a contact electrode
- Measurement of voltage (0 … 500 V) and network frequency
- Memory of 990 results
- Wireless data transmission to a computer
- Backlit keypad
Simplicity included in the price
Features of MPI-502 are focused on ergonomics and maximally simplified user experience. The functions are selected with a rotary switch. Additional parameters are set with buttons located on the housing face. The settings are saved by the device even when the battery is completely discharged.
All buttons and the modular display have backlight, which significantly improves operation in low light. Large memory eliminates the need for taking notes during the measurements.
Inspection of electrical safety
This device may be used to inspect safety of electrical systems in households and industrial facilities. Measurements can be easily automated with:
- auto mode of residual current devices (RCD) tests,
- the WS adapter that can be used for testing systems via standard 230 V sockets.
Increased resistance to environmental conditions
The meter will cope well in difficult environmental conditions. Protection against penetration of dust and water is ensured by a unique housing with a level of protection IP67.
Communication and software
You can easily transfer measurement data to your computer via Bluetooth wireless communication. In order to generate a report on measurements for electric shock protection, use Sonel Reports PLUS software. Saving the downloaded data to the simplest formats and printing is provided by free Sonel Reader software.
- Measurement of short circuit loop parameters
- Technical Specification
Measurement functions Measurement range Display range Resolution Accuracy Fault loop impedance Fault loop ZL-PE, ZL-N, ZL-L 0.13 Ω…1999 Ω acc. to IEC 61557 0.00 Ω…1999 Ω from 0.01 Ω ±(5% m.v. + 3 digits) Fault loop ZL-PE in RCD mode from 0.5 Ω…1999 Ω acc. to IEC 61557 0.00 Ω…1999 Ω from 0.01 Ω rom ±(6% m.v. + 5 digits) Measurements of RCD parameters RCD tripping test and measurement of tripping time tA measuring current 0.5 IΔn, 1 IΔn, 2 IΔn, 5 IΔn general and short-time delay RCD 0 ms…300 ms 0 ms…300 ms 1 ms ±(2% m.v. + 2 digits) selective RCD 0 ms…500 ms 0 ms…500 ms 1 ms ±(2% m.v. + 2 digits) Measurement of RCD tripping current IA measuring current 0.3 IΔn…2.0 IΔn for sinusoidal residual current (AC type) 3.0 mA…500 mA 3.0 mA…500 mA from 0.1 mA ±5% IΔn for unidirectional residual current and unidirectional with the 6 mA DC bias (type A) 4,0 mA…420 mA 4,0 mA…420 mA from 0.1 mA ±10% IΔn Resistance of protective conductors and equipotential bondings Measurement of resistance of protective conductors and equipotential bondings with ±200 mA current 0.12 Ω…400 Ω acc. to IEC 61557-4 0.00 Ω…400 Ω from 0.01 Ω ±(2% m.v. + 3 digits) Measurement of resistance with low current 0.0 Ω…1999 Ω 0.0 Ω…1999 Ω from 0.1 Ω ±(3% m.v. + 3 digits)