Safety guardian on the post
Comprehensive measurements of electrical equipment are possible with e.g. the Sonel PAT-85 electric equipment safety meter
The Sonel PAT-85 compact meter is a proven tool for measuring the parameters of electrical equipment which have an impact on safe use: resistance of protective conductors, insulation resistance, continuity of connections, leakage currents, power as well as RCD and PRCD circuit breakers. The meter performs flawlessly in areas where safety is of paramount importance. It is particularly useful in situations where there is a need for a quick check of power tools, three-phase equipment or white goods.
- Extensive measuring system enables:
- protective conductor resistance measurement using current: 200 mA, 10 A and 25 A,
- measurement of insulation resistance using voltage: 100 V, 250 V, 500 V and 1000 V,
- measurement of substitute, differential and touch leakage current,
- functional test,
- test of RCD and PRCD switches,
- ...and much more.
- Intuitive user interface.
- Cooperation with a label printer and QR code scanner.
- Robust, compact housing.
- Operation time at rechargeable battery power supply: up to 1 hour
The device is used wherever safety is the most important thing. Ideally suited to situations where it is necessary to check welders, power tools, three-phase devices and household appliances.
Thanks to the extensive measuring part, the device enables comprehensive checking of electrical devices. The touch screen and autoprocedures section make testing quick and efficient.
The meter cooperates with a label printer and QR scanner, which greatly facilitates the recordkeeping of tools. The following printouts are available:
- initial measurement report,
- QR code, where information on performed tests and the parameters of the tested device are saved.
These data can be read and added to the meter memory using the optional QR code scanner.
The whole picture is complemented by a compact and durable housing. It provides instrument protection during both measurements and transport.
The memory has a tree structure. For each device tested it contains its description, location of measurements, customer data and registration number.
The meter provides many modes of transmission of measurement results: via USB, LAN and WiFi. In addition, it is possible to upload the results to a USB stick. Dedicated PAT Analysis software allows for data management and also reports preparation - in several versions, depending on the user’s needs. In addition, it is possible to use the PAT Server solution. This system allows you to work in many modes, including:
- smooth data management,
- online upload to server,
- work through a web browser,
- work in task ordering mode,
- storing copies of data on the server.
The tester can be used to test the equipment performance in accordance with standards:
- EN 50678:2020 General requirements for safety testing of electrical equipment after repair.
- EN 50699:2021 Recurrent tests of electrical equipment.
- EN 60745-1 Hand-held motor-operated electric tools. Safety. Part 1: General requirements.
- EN 61029 Safety of transportable motor-operated electric tools. General requirements.
- EN 60335-1 Household and similar electrical appliances. Safety. General requirements.
- EN 60950 Safety of information technology equipment.
- EN 61557-6 Electrical safety in low voltage distribution systems up to 1000 V a.c. and 1500 V d.c. - Equipment for testing, measuring or monitoring of protective measures - Part 6: Effectiveness of residual current devices (RCD) in TT, TN and IT systems.
- VDE 0404-1 Prüf- und Messeinrichtungen zum Prüfen der elektrischen Sicherheit von elektrischen Geräten. Teil 1: Allgemeine Anforderungen.
- VDE 0404-2 Prüf- und Messeinrichtungen zum Prüfen der elektrischen Sicherheit von elektrischen Geräten. Teil 2: Prüfeinrichtungen für Prüfungen nach Instandsetzung, Änderung oder für Wiederholungsprüfungen.
- VDE 0701-0702 Prüfung nach Instandsetzung, Änderung elektrischer Geräte. Wiederholungsprüfung elektrischer Geräte. Allgemeine Anforderungen für die elektrische Sicherheit.
- AS/NZS 3760:2010 In-service safety inspection and testing of electrical equipment.
- Extensive measuring system enables:
- Technical Specification
Measurement functions Range Resolution AccuracyResistance of protective conductor (PE)
I = 200 mA / 10 A / 25 A
up to 19.99 Ω from 1 mΩ from ±(3% m.v. + 4 digits) Insulation resistance
UISO = 100 V / 250 V / 500 V / 1000 V
up to 599.9 MΩ from 1 kΩ ±(5% m.v. + 8 digits) Current (clamp measurement) up to 24.9 A from 1 mA ±(5% m.v. + 5 digits) Visual test ✓ Continuity check of protective conductor (PE) ✓ Insulation resistance measurement at three points ✓ IEC cable test ✓ Functional test Apparent power S up to 3.99 kVA from 1 VA ±(5% m.v. + 3 digits) Active power P up to 3.99 kW from 1 W ±(5% m.v. + 3 digits) Reactive power Q up to 3.99 kvar from 1 var ±(5% m.v. + 3 digits) Power Factor (PF) up to 1.00 0.01 ±(10% m.v. + 5 digits) Current consumption for power measurement up to 15.99 A 0.01 A ±(2% m.v. + 3 digits) THD for voltage and current up to 99.9% 0.1% ±(5% m.v. + 5 digits) Cosφ up to 1.0 0.1 ±(5% m.v. + 5 digits) Leakage current measurement PE leakage current and differential leakage current up to 19.9 mA 0.01 mA ±(5% m.v. + 2 digits) Substitute leakage current up to 19.9 mA 0.01 mA ±(5% m.v. + 2 digits) Touch leakage current up to 4.999 mA 0.001 mA ±(5% m.v. + 3 digits) RCD and PRCD switch test Measurement of RCD parameters according to IEC 61557 up to 300 ms 1 ms ±(2% m.v. + 2 digits) Measurement of RCD tripping current IA for sinusoidal residual current (AC type) up to 30 mA 0.1 mA ±5% IΔn Measurement of power network parameters Voltage up to 265.0 V 0.1 V ±(2% m.v. + 2 digits) Frequency up to 55.0 Hz 0.1 Hz ±(2% m.v. + 2 digits)
Changes in version 1.8.5 compared to the previous one:
- Added Hebrew language.
- Added the function of assigning a unique network name to meters.
- Added searchr tester on the Internet by host name.
- Backup problem solved.
- Updated auto test for different language versions.
- Fixed the problem of adding more than one logo.