The analyzer replaces the PQM-703 unit.
Class A remote analysis
The Sonel PQM-711 versatile power quality analyser for remote analysis in the A class is a device suitable for use on all types of networks with a rated voltage range from 110 V to 1000 V either directly or indirectly through transformers.
Based on advanced technology, the Sonel PQM-711 power quality analyser allows comprehensive measurement, analysis and recording of 50/60 Hz power network parameters and power quality according to the European standard EN 50160 and the Regulation of the Minister of Economy on detailed conditions for the operation of the power system.
- Remote control and data transfer through a built-in GSM modem.
- Anti-theft feature – SMS notification in the event of position change (built-in GPS receiver).
- Real-time clock synchronized to GPS protocol.
- Remote control of the analyzer via software: Sonel Analysis (Wi-Fi and GSM for Windows) or Sonel Analysis Mobile (Wi-Fi for Android).
- Transients up to ±8000 V with max. sampling frequency 10 MHz. Minimal transient time is 650 ns (only PQM-711)
- Voltages L1, L2, L3, N, PE (five measurement inputs) – average, minimum, maximum and instant values within the range up to 1000 V, interoperability with voltage transducers.
- Currents L1, L2, L3, N (four measurement inputs) – average, minimum, maximum and instant values, current measurement within the range up to 6 kA (depending on applied current clamp), interoperability with current transducers.
- Measurement of control signals up to 3000 Hz.
- Crest factors for current (CFI) and voltage (CFU).
- Frequency within the range of 40 Hz – 70 Hz.
- Active power (P), reactive power (Q), distortion power (D), apparent power (S) with identification of the nature of reactive power (capacitive, inductive).
- Calculation of reactive power using the Budeanu method and IEEE 1459 method.
- Active energy (EP), reactive energy (EQ), apparent energy (ES).
- Power factor, cosφ, tanφ.
- K factor (transformer overload caused by the harmonics).
- Up to 50th harmonics for voltage and current.
- Interharmonics measured as groups.
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) for voltage and current.
- Short-term (PST) and long-term (PLT) flicker (IEC 61000-4-15 class A).
- Unbalance of voltage (IEC 61000-4-30 class A) and current.
- Current events detection including waveforms recording.
- Current and voltage events recording with waveforms (up to 1 s) and RMS1/2 graphs with 30 s maximum recording time.
- Current and voltage waveforms recording after each averaging period.
Wide range of mains to analyze
- With rated frequency 50/60 Hz
- With rated voltages: 64/110 V;110/190 V; 115/200 V; 120/208 V 127/220 V; 133/230 V; 220/380 V; 230/400 V; 240/415 V; 254/440 V; 265/460 V; 277/480 V; 290/500 V; 400/690 V; 480/830 V (for systems with N conductor)
- Direct current
- split-phase with common N
- three-phase – WYE with and without N conductor
- three-phase – Delta
- three-phase – 2-element WYE without N conductor (Aron/Blondel)
- three-phase – 2-element Delta (Aron/Blondel)
- with current and voltage transducers
PQM-711 has a built-in GPS receiver ensuring real time clock accuracy and an integrated GSM modem that facilitates remote analyzer operation. Furthermore, PQM-711 is also equipped with a transient recorder (sampling frequency 10 MHz, voltage range up to ±8000 V).
An additional trump card of the analyzer is the built-in Wi-Fi communication module, providing a number of advantages: no restrictions on file transfer, no data transfer costs, use of local wireless infrastructure... This gives the user the opportunity to adapt to the conditions prevailing on the site. They can supervise measurements from a convenient location – for example, an area without electromagnetic interference – using a laptop, smartphone or tablet.
PQM-711 can be operated using a touch screen computing device equipped with Sonel Analysis software (Windows) or Sonel Analysis Mobile app (Android). The user can supervise the measurements and conduct diagnostics while maintaining mobility – he doesn’t even have to be near the analyzer. In typical applications, the device plays the role of a remote display and an intermediate storage of measurement data with the functionality of a router. Therefore, the user can also connect to it using a wireless network – for example, to transfer the collected registrations to a desktop computer.
PQM-711 is widely used in the professional power industry. It provides full 4-quadrant analysis, meeting the needs of energy consumers and producers, such as renewable energy, including photovoltaic and wind farms. It enables forecasting failures in distribution networks. It provides analysis of the load capacity of networks and transformers, as well as recording their current states. In addition, it is powerful investment tools. Thanks to PQM-711, the user will obtain the necessary data for development of power infrastructure, predict potential problems, and finally – verify the correctness and quality of implementation.
Sonel Analysis software – application delivered as standard accessory, indispensable for working with PQM-series analyzers. Depending on the mating instrument used, the software enables:
- analyzer configuration,
- data reading from logger,
- preview of network parameters in real time (with capability of reading via GSM modem),
- deletion of data in the analyzer,
- data presentation in tables,
- data presentation in charts,
- data analysis and generating reports in compliance with standard EN 50160 (reports) and other user defined reference conditions - also for PV micro-installations up to 50 kW, a breakdown for active power states P>0, P<0 and P=0 and taking into account the graphs Q1=f(U1/Un) and cosφ=f(P/Pn),
- independent support of multiple analyzers,
- analyzer firmware updates.
The software enables readout of selected parameters and their visualization in real time. These parameters are measured independently from the registration saved on the memory card. The user can view:
- charts of voltage and current progression (oscilloscope),
- charts of voltage and current over time,
- phasor diagram,
- measurements of multiple parameters,
- harmonics and harmonic powers (estimating the direction of harmonics),
- Technical Specification
Parameter Measuring range Max. resolution Accuracy Alternating voltage (TRMS) - 0,0…1000,0 V or 0.0…760.0 V* 4 significant digits ±0.1% Unom Crest Factor Voltage 1.00…10.00 (≤1.65 for 690 V voltage 0.01 ±5% Crest Factor Current 1.00…10.00 (≤3.6 dla Inom) 0.01 ±5% Alternating current (TRMS) - depending on clamp** 4 significant digits ±0.1% Inom (error does not account for clamp error) Frequency - 40.00...70.00 Hz 0.01 Hz ±0.01 Hz Active, reactive, apparent and distortion power - depending on configuration (transducers, clamps) 4 significant digits depending on configuration (transducers, clamps) Active, reactive and apparent energy - depending on configuration (transducers, clamps) 4 significant digits as power error cosφ and power factor (PF) - -1.00...1.00 0.01 ±0.03 tgφ - -10.00...10.00 0.01 depends on error of active and reactive power Harmonics and interharmonics Voltage DC, 1...50 as for alternating voltage True RMS ±0.05% Unom for m.v. < 1% Unom
±5% m.v. for m.v. ≥ 1% Unom
Harmonics and interharmonics Current DC, 1...50 as for alternating current True RMS ±0.15% Inom for m.v. < 3% Inom
±5% m.v. for m.v. ≥ 3% Inom
THD Voltage and current 0.0..100.0% (relative to RMS value) 0.1% ±5% Active and reactive power of harmonics - depending on configuration (transducers, clamps) epends on minimum current and voltage values - Angle between current and voltage harmonics - -180.0…+180.0° 0.1° ±(n x 1°) K-Factor - 1.0...50.0 0.1 ±10% Flicker index - 0.20...10.00 0.01 ±5% Unbalance factor Voltage and current 0.0...20.0% 0.1% ±0.15% (absolute error) Measurement of control signals Voltage up to 15% Unom at 5.00...3000.00 Hz 4 significant digits unspecified for <1% Unom
±0.15% for 1...3% Unom
±5% for 3...15% Unom
Measurement of transients Voltage ±8000 V 4 significant digits ±(5% + 25 V)
- Sonel Analysis 4changelog
- Added new nominal voltage Un 346/600 V.
- Expanded micro-installations recommendation report.
- Fixed data exclusion in standards reports for PQM-702(x)/703/710/711 (requires at least firmware 1.55) and PQM-700 (requires at least firmware 1.18) recorded data.
- Fixed possibility to enable detection of waveshape variations and phase jumps events in half-period recording configurations for PQM-702(x)/703/710/711 (requires at least firmware 1.55).
- Improved recovery data mechanism.
- Minor bug fixes.
- added support for 4-quadrant energy meters for MPI-540 and MPI-540-PV recorded data (requires at least firmware 3.21);
- added new nominal voltage Un 462/800 V;
- increased micro-installations recommendation report.
- improved standard reports export;
- minor bug fixes.
- Added support for the PQM-702/703 analyzers without the OR-1 interface.
- Translation fixes in Ukrainian language.
- Added Ecuadorian standards for PQM-702(x)/703/710/711.
- Increased edit ability of the reports header.
- Implemented A3:2019 amendment to EN 50160 standard (requires restoring default values for "EN 50160:2010 + A3:2019 low voltage" standard in Program settings module).
- Fixed problem with reading NEC220.87 data.
- Improved user interface.
- Minor bug fixes.
Changes in 1.53 version:
- Restored displaying of Wi-Fi status information on 10/10 screen when Wi-Fi module is turned off.
Changes in 1.52 version:
- Fixed problem with random hanging up of the GSM modem.
- Fixed problem of too deep discharge of battery in HWg hardware revision.
- Fixed problem with emergency key unlocking.
- Minor bug fixes.
Changes in 1.51 version:
- Fixed communication with OR-1 radio interface (applies to PQM-702/A/T and PQM-703).
Changes in 1.50 version:
- Added support for recording according to micro-installations recommendation (up to 50 kW).
- Added "sum of currents" (∑I) parameter on screen 1 with connection correctness indicators.
- Corrected unit of apparent distortion power (SN) on screen 4 ([VA] instead of [var]).
- Stability improvements.
Changes in 1.44 version:
- For 200-ms averaging time recording mode, a 10/12-cycles (200 ms) frequency value is recorded instead of 10-second value.
Changes in 1.43 version:
- Added recording of active powers (15-min) for configurations according to Polish and GOST standards.
- Added recording of supplied and received active powers in user recordings.
Changes in 1.42 version:
- Added Ukrainian language support.
- Added recording of average currents (10-min), active and apparent power (10-min) for configurations according to Chilean standards.
- Added recording of average currents (10-min) for configurations according to Polish and GOST standards.
- Changed connection error detection threshold when checking sum of all currents (3-phase 3- and 4-wire circuits). To detect such error, the current sum RMS must be greater than 25% of the largest among all measured current channels (detection algorithm is now less sensitive).
- Fixed bug when "INF" or zeroes were displayed in the measurement results table instead of values in amperes. This bug occurred when recording of DC current was enabled, and when zeroing current feature was active in at least one current channel.
Changes in 1.41 version:
- Added recording of supplied and received active powers (15-min) for configurations according to Polish standards.
- Formatting of memory card restores default measurement configuration.
- Adjusted synchronization of RMS1/2 of current channels to conform with the IEC 61000-4-30 Ed.3.0.
- Added entries with memory card type and GPS module in the LOG file.
- Optimization of used memory space when aggregation waveforms are recorded.
- Improvements in GSM module operation.
- Minor bug fixes.
Changes in 1.40 version:
- Added support for automatic probe type recognition (probes with "A" letter in the model name) – applicable only for analyzers with hardware version HWg or newer.
- Added checking of instantaneous current sum of the connected current probes (additional criteria for checking correctness of the connection with the measured mains on screen 1 – IRMS).
- Added zeroing of the recorded frequency values if the reference phase voltage is too small.
- Fixed recording of TDD in 200ms averaging period mode.
- Fixed parameters zeroing when measured current is below set threshold.
- Corrected averaging method of phase angles between voltage and current harmonics.
- Minor bug fixes.
Changes in 1.34 version:
- Added support for F-xA6 current probes (flexible probes, 6kA range).
- Added support for F-xA1 current probes (flexible probes, 1.5kA range).
- Added support for Chilean standards recording.
- Added measurement of TDD (Total Demand Distortion).
- Added multi-point phase synchronization functionality between several analyzers synchronized with the GPS time. In Live mode, if the analyzer has time synchronized with the GPS, the phaseshift of the voltage waveforms relative to the GPS clock is memorized every 30 seconds. This mode is signaled on the chart with a vertical line at the beginning of the graph. By comparing waveforms graphs between different analyzers connected to the same distribution network, it is possible to determine and identify the same voltage phases.
- Fixed problem that prevented remote communication via VPN with analyzer connected to local network through Wi-Fi (applies to PQM-710 and PQM-711).
- Various GSM communication fixes.
Changes in 1.33 version:
- Fixed recording in half-period mode (this bug occurred in firmware v1.32).
- Corrected displaying waveforms in Live mode, now it begins at the zero-crossing of the reference channel (this bug occurred in firmware v1.32).
Changes in 1.32 version:
- Added displaying of absolute harmonics angles of voltage and current in the Live mode (normalized to fundamental voltage angle).
- Improvements in Wi-Fi Access Point mode.
Changes in 1.30 version:
- Added support for recording of 4-quadrant parameters: reactive energy and tan(φ).
- Added support for RVC (Rapid Voltage Change).
- Added new operation mode for Wi-Fi (Access Point).
- Sign of supplied active energy counter is now positive.
Changes in 1.25 version:
- Added waveshape variation voltage events.
- Added phase-jump voltage events.
- Added colors for plug icon on top bar: orange - charging in progress, green - charging completed, red - charging suspended.
- Added support for switching voltage reference channel for frequency measurement and PLL source.
- Fixed bug in handling TID I events.
- Frequency reading in Live mode and analyzer display is zeroed if voltage on reference channel is lower than 5V.
- Fixed Russian translations.
Changes in 1.20 version:
- Expanded information about connection correctness of analyzer.
- Disabled event detection in Un-pe voltage channel for the following parameters: Crest Factor, THD, TID, harmonics, interharmonics.
- Increased resolution for voltage and frequency.
- Frequency is now displayed in orange when there is no PLL-lock with network.
- For US English language the phasor is now rotated 90 degrees clockwise.
Changes in 1.19 version:
- Fixed bug when recording was not automatically resumed in some situations.
- Fixed bug with false detection of E996 critical error.
Changes in 1.18 version:
- Fixed bug with no measurement data for recordings according to GOST 32144 standard.
Changes in 1.17 version:
- Added support for independent recording regardless of standard (dual recording).
- Added support for grouping polyphase voltage events (interruption, dip, swell).
- Added recording of 4-quadrant tan(φ) for reports according to Polish standards.
- Added sign to the total reactive (non-active) power in the 3-phase 3-wire systems (based on voltage and current phasors).
- Added the possibility to set the analyzer's date/time when incorrect date is detected at startup.
- Added GSM modem version and IMEI reporting to the LOG file.
- Shortened time of formatting the memory card.
- Unified colors of the phasors plot and the rest of the interface.
- Improvement of flagging for Pst and Plt flicker.
- Improvements to GSM modem operation.
- Other minor tweaks and fixes.
Changes in 1.16 version:
- Fixed bug with incorrect data flags when averaging period of 15-minute or longer was selected.
Changes in 1.15 version:
- Added analyzer over-temperature protection.
- Added new entries in the LOG file: changes in the state of analyzer's power supply, enabling and disabling communication channels.
- Fixed error causing random malfunction of analyzer.
Changes in 1.14 version:
- Added protection measures against data corruption, that could occur in some configurations when downloading data during recording (especially via GSM and Wi-Fi).
- Setting an Un-pe voltage event threshold to zero disables detection of this event.
- Information about IP number of client connecting remotely with analyzer via GSM is added in the LOG file.
- Added info in the LOG file about reversed phase of clamps.
- Fixed a rare bug in aggregation algorithm (intervals overlapping).
- Stability improvements.
- Fixed bug causing disconnection when trying to download data during recording via OR-1 transceiver.
- Fixed bug with recording incorrect values of minimum, maximum and average of angles between voltage and current harmonics.
- Fixed bug with reversed phase of C-4 current clamps.
- Fixed bug with sending SMS after changing analyzer language.
Changes in 1.12 version:
- Added support of polyphase events for voltages.
- Information about IP number of client connecting via GSM is added in the LOG file.
Changes in 1.11 version:
- Increased max. recording time for RMS1/2 plots to 30 seconds.
- Added functionality: mains signalling measurement.
- Added functionality: current limiting.
- Fixed bug with calculation of U23 phase-to-phase voltage.
- Fixed bug with recording min. and max. values of voltage and current in 200 ms averaging mode.
- Fixed bug of sending SMS to numbers without country code.
Changes in 1.07 version:
- Added support for Chinese traditional and simplified languages.
- Added national languages SMS support (Russian and Chinese).
- Fixed rare bug when offset correction routines worked incorrectly.
- Fixed bug when bad data was reported while reading data for analysis, when waveforms and RMS1/2 plots were recorded while recording was stopped.
- Fixed bug with possibillity of increased discharge rate of the battery when switched off.
Changes in 1.06 version:
- Channel Un-pe event are now not taken into account for IEC 61000-4-30 data flagging.
- Changed method of calculation of hysteresis for Un-pe events. Previously hysteresis was calculated as a percent of nominal voltage. From now on, the hysteresis is calculated as a percent of threshold, but not lower than 50mV (referred to analyzer input).
- Fixed bug with error E283.
- Improved timestamps accuracy.
- Fixed bug when data read in mass storage mode failed, when analyzer PIN was changed and recording was not started at least once.
- Fixed display refresh on screen 1/9 with Russian language selected.
Changes in 1.04 version:
- Fixed issues with wrong timestamps in GPS time synchronization, which lead to data import errors.
- Fixed bug when analyzer hangs up after detecting internal error.
- Fixed bug with possibility of amplitude clamping of recorded RMS1/2 voltages and currents when "Averaging period" was set to "Half-period". RMS1/2 values were clamped to the 10/12-cycle value of the highest amplitude channel.
- Improved signal processing routines for flexible clamps.
- Stability improvements.
Changes in 1.03 version:
- SMS alert about analyzer displacement in anti-theft mode is now sent when the displacement distance is 100 meters or more (previous 50m).
- Analyzer now sends SMS every 10 minutes in anti-theft mode when analyzer displacement has been detected, with current GPS position coordinates.
- When current measurement is disabled nominal current of 0.000A on screen 9/9 is no longer displayed.
- Added option in measurement point configuration to calculate neutral channel current (without using clamps). In that case "In*" and "THDIn*" is displayed (asterisk is added).
- When data is read from measurement point in which recording is in progress, all recorded data is now downloaded.
- Added functionality to status bar: date and time is now displayed in green color when the requirements of IEC 61000-4-30 regarding clock accuracy for class A are fulfilled.
- Added flag to aggregated data indicating interruption event (used for discarding data when generating measurement report).
- GSM modem is now restarted when any change in modem configuration is made.
- Added GPS signal strength indicator on screen 8/9 (GPS status).
- Added information about GPS position fix ("2D"), and/or time fix (clock icon) on screen 8/9 (GPS status).
- Added new SMS message in anti-theft mode, when GPS signal is lost, and when it is back.
- Fixed bug with incorrect minimum, maximum voltage and current values, when Min/Max calculation period was set to 1s, 3s or 5s.
- Fixed rare bug in which analyzer detected internal error and displayed Exxx message (where ‘xxx’ is error number) and restarted itself.
- Fixed rare bug where analyzer was restarting during memory formatting.
- Fixed bug where record was not flagged when voltage event was in progress at the beginning of the aggregation period (records were flagged only when event started during aggregation period).
- Improvements in displacement detection algorithm in anti-theft mode.
- Fixed bug where first incorrect Pst and Plt flicker values in Live mode and analyzer display were displayed after turning analyzer on, changing measurement point or after starting recording.
- Increased data transfer rate via GSM.
- Fixes in GSM communication.
- Corrected typo in current THD on screen 5/9 when Russian language is selected.
- Analyzer no longer emits short beep when trying to connect with it, when in off state in anti-theft mode.
- Fixed bug where exiting mass storage mode failed when device was enumerated as Full-speed device.
- GSM status no longer shows "PC connected" for short period of time when no connection is made.
- Fixed bug where no data was recorded when the only parameter selected for recording was average phase-to-phase voltage (in split-phase and 3-phase wye systems).