Hear the inaudible
Advanced ultrasonic leak and electric discharge detector Sonel TUD-1 - effective ultrasonic detection of electric discharges and leaks.
The Sonel TUD-1 ultrasonic leakage and electrical discharge detector is a portable, compact device developed to detect leaks and locate sources of electrical discharges. The device receives ultrasound waves that are transmitted through the air and transforms them into acoustic waves that are audible to the human ear. In addition, the detector amplifies the received waves and displays them as signals on the LED ruler and in acoustic form through the supplied headphones. Housed in a handy carrying case, the instrument ensures easy and hassle-free transportation. The detector can operate on battery power for many hours (up to 20h), which gives it great mobility and increases its area of application. The device has a solid design and is very robust, suitable for use even at minus temperatures (down to -20°C).
- Identification of acoustic-wave defects in the range of ultrasounds (40±1) kHz
- Stepless adjustment of gain
- Easy and clear interpretation of results visually on the LED scale and acoustically via the earphones
- Additional probes selected for different methods of analyzing the leakage spot
Description of the product
Sonel TUD-1 is a compact, portable device that receives airborne ultrasonic waves and transforms them into acoustic waves in a range that is audible for the human ear.
Additionally, the unit strengthens the waves and presents the signals via the LED scale and via sounds in the earphone set.
Sonel TUD-1 is a professional device that allows:
- sources of electrical discharge to be located on such elements as power grid lines, insulators, generators, transformers;
- the search for leaks in pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- leak checks on systems that supply water and gas, such as pipelines, taps, valves, hydraulic components, pumps, compressors;
- diagnostics of the condition of mechanical components, including bearings, gears, drive shafts, pumps, compressors, generators.
- Technical Specification
Parameter Description center frequency of the detection range (40±1) kHz dynamic range ≥60 dB power consumption ≤0.35 W power supply 9 V battery (6LR61 / MN1604) battery run-time ≥20 h relative operating humidity 80% at +20ºС | 68ºF operating temperature -20…+45ºС | -4…+113ºF max. operating altitude 2000 m | 6562 ft storage temperature -20..+60ºC | -4…+140ºF storage humidity 80% at temp. up to 31ºC | 88ºF
linearly decreasing to 50% with temp. increasing to 40ºC | 104ºF