Locate wires and cables
The Sonel LKZ-720 cable and wire locator is a device consisting of the LKN-720 transmitter (4 pcs.) and the LKO-720 receiver. This instrument is dedicated to finding cables and other underground infrastructures. The LKZ-720 allows the location of both metallic objects (cables) and non-conductive objects (PVC pipes, concrete, etc.). The locator is mainly dedicated to use in the energy and installation industry, among others.
LKZ enables operation work with four transmitters at the same time. The multi-transmitter operation of the system enables precise location of breaks in an electric system and identify individual cores in the cable.
- Detection of wires and cables (live or not).
- Tracing underground cables.
- Tracing conductive water and heating pipelines.
- Flow and accurate locating the object.
- Phase detection mode.
- Operation in wide range of rated voltage, up to 500 V RMS.
- Five modes of wire tracer operation: voltage, current, current-voltage, power and clamp.
- Additional accessories enable precise localization - such as contact or non-contact probes and measurement clamp.
- Receiver operation with max. 4 transmitters at the same time to locate interruptions or distinguish wires.
- Receiving status information from the LKN-720 transmitter.
- The function 3D - detecting the direction of current.
- A LED torch.
- Headphone socket.
- Software upgrade via USB.
- Screen backlight for work in dark.
- 4 codes of the transmitted signal.
- Transmission of information about the transmitter settings and battery charge level.
- Measurement of voltage at the object to 500 V RMS.
- Three levels of amplification.
- Automatic or manual selection of operation modes.
- Screen backlight for work in dark.
Detection and tracing cables in ceilings, walls and floors
In response to the needs of customers, the LKO-720 has a specially designed 3D antenna that raises the precision of the wire tracing. Determine direction of wires in concrete up to 5 cm will not be a problem now.
LKZ enables operation work with four transmitters at the same time. The multi-transmitter operation of the system enables precise location of breaks in an electric system and identify individual cores in the cable or cables in a trench.
Locating power points and switches in buildings
Specially modulated and coded signal generated by the LKN-720 transmitter allows to locate and identify sockets and switches in energized and de-energized circuits.
Identification of fuses on the distribution board
Thanks to the precise sensor in LKO-720 and additional contact and non-contact probes, identify of breakers and fuses now will be easily and time-saving.
Possibility to tracing in no access conductors
LKO-720 with C-8 clamp used in the current mode or in other mode forcing current flow, allows to uniquely identify wire or cable with no physical connection to it.
Non-contact detection of live cables
LKO-720 allows to precisely detect energized wires in air and concrete without additional probes.
Additional areas of use
- detection of breaks in cables and wires
- locating short circuits between leads
- tracing shielded cables
- tracing cables in metal ducts
- tracing underground cables
- tracing conductive water and heating pipelines
- Technical Specification
Parameter Description Insulation type acc. to EN 61010-1 double Measurement category acc. to EN 61010-1 III 600 V Ingress protection rating acc. to EN 60529 IP67 Power supply 4 x AA alkaline batteries
or 4 x Ni-MH rechargeable batteries
Maximum operating voltage 500 V RMS Operating temperature -10°C...+50°C | 14°F...122°F Parameter Description Ingress protection rating acc. to EN 60529 IP40 Maximum depth of the analysed object (“I” mode) 2 m | 6.6 ft Maximum range of contactless neon probe in air 50 cm | 1.6 ft in concrete 5 cm | 0.16 ft Power supply 9 V 6LR61 alkaline battery Operating temperature -10°C...+50°C | 14°F...122°F