Cable routing without secrets with the LKZ-1500
The Sonel LKZ-1500 cable and wire locator is a set, consisting of a transmitter (LKN) and a receiver (LKO), which allows finding, identifying and tracing the route of objects buried in the ground. It is an indispensable piece of equipment for energy and installation companies dealing with a wide range of earthworks.
Cable routes without secrets thanks to LKZ-1500
The LKZ-1500 locator set, consisting of a transmitter and receiver, allows for location, identification and tracking of the route of objects buried in the earth, i.e.:
- power cords and cables, control cables, telecommunications cables,
- underground elements of lightning protection systems, cathodic protection systems,
- water and sewage systems,
- fuel transmission systems (pipelines, gas pipelines)
- heating systems and pre-insulated pipes.
The sets of LKZ series are an invaluable support in earthworks carried out for various industries, including energy, installation, construction, railway, telecommunications, water and sanitary, heating, geodetic and many others.
LKN-1500 transmitter introduces a specific signal to the tracked objects, enabling LKO receivers to route in the active mode. The receivers operate also in a passive mode that uses the network frequencies and telecommunications signals present in the facility.
LKO-1500 receiver facilitates the work of the user to with many features, including visualization of the cable routing in the tested object or a greater number of frequencies to choose from. It is also distinguished by the option of tracing cable short-to-earth faults with the use of additional accessories.
- Transmission of double frequency signals.
- The mode of limiting the voltage of the transmitted signal.
- Transmitter power: 1 W, 2 W, 5 W, 10 W.
- Operation in direct galvanic or inductive connection mode - internal transmitting antenna.
- Compatible with transmitting clamps.
- Continuous or interval mode of operation that extends battery life.
- Case housing.
- Active mode:
- work with LKN-1500 transmitter at the frequencies of 273 Hz, 526 Hz, 1024 Hz, 8928 Hz, 33 kHz,
- work with transmitters other than LKN-1500 at the frequencies of 491 Hz, 512 Hz, 982 Hz, 2000 Hz, 2048, Hz 8440 Hz, 9828 Hz, 10000 Hz.
- Passive mode – work at the frequencies of:
- 50 Hz, 60 Hz, 100 Hz, 300 Hz, 550 Hz, 1450 Hz,
- RADIO (10...36 kHz),
- SB (48 Hz...14 kHz).
- Location depth up to 10 m.
- Operation with external probes.
- Determine the direction of cable placement, position of the cable relative to the receiver axis (has a compass function).
- Determine the current and residual depth of the cable, both in active mode (with transmitter) and in passive mode (without transmitter).
- Save the route of placing an object on the map. Memory up to 10,000 coordinates.
- Possibility of finding damaged cable locations.
The device, with any GPS module and dedicated program (LKZ Terminal), that is provided with the set, will allow you to plot the route of the underground object and mark the location of single measurement positions on the map. Communication of the LKZ with GPS module is through the Bluetooth.
Sonel LKZ Terminal
The application works with the Sonel LKZ-1500 wire and cable locator. By replacing the external GPS module, it allowing the user to define and record the geographic coordinates of the cable route.
The application additionally enables:
- live positioning preview,
- measuring the distance to a specific point on the route,
- export of routes saved in LKO-1500 to the phone’s memory,
- reading routes from the phone’s memory,
- preview of the saved values of all parameters,
- data export to PC
Sonel LKO Terminal
A dedicated PC program for handling data stored in Sonel LKO-1500. It allows you to map a route from your location and read the data stored in the receiver.
The data includes:
- coordinates of the place of measurement according to GPS information,
- reading the depth of the object and value of current flowing in it,
- the direction of the forced current,
- operating frequency,
- date and local time at the time of measurement according to GPS information,
- export of route data to a file.
- Technical Specification
Parameter Description Ingress protection IP54 Power supply VRLA (AMG) lead-acid 12 V / 7 Аh Operating temperature -20…+55°C Storage temperature -50…+70°C Nominal temperature 23 ± 2°C Relative humidity no more than 90% at the temperature of +30°С Parameter Description Ingress protection IP54 Power supply Ni-MH 6 V/2000 mAh battery pack, 5x AA 1.5 V battery, 5x Ni-MH 1.2 V rechargeable battery Operating temperature -20…+55°C Storage temperature -50…+70°C Nominal temperature 23 ± 2°C Relative humidity no more than 95% at the temperature of +30°С