Locate wires and cables
The Sonel LKZ-720 cable and wire locator is a device consisting of the LKN-720 transmitter and the LKO-720 receiver. This instrument is dedicated to finding cables and other underground infrastructures. The LKZ-720 allows the location of both metallic objects (cables) and non-conductive objects (PVC pipes, concrete, etc.). The locator is mainly dedicated to use in the energy and installation industry, among others.
- Detection of wires and cables (live or not).
- Tracing underground cables.
- Tracing conductive water and heating pipelines.
- Flow and accurate locating the object.
- Phase detection mode.
- Operation in wide range of rated voltage, up to 500 V RMS.
- Five modes of wire tracer operation: voltage, current, current-voltage, power and clamp.
- Additional accessories enable precise localization - such as contact or non-contact probes and measurement clamp.
- Receiver operation with max. 4 transmitters at the same time to locate interruptions or distinguish wires.
- Receiving status information from the LKN-720 transmitter.
- The function 3D - detecting the direction of current.
- A LED torch.
- Headphone socket.
- Software upgrade via USB.
- Screen backlight for work in dark.
- 4 codes of the transmitted signal.
- Transmission of information about the transmitter settings and battery charge level.
- Measurement of voltage at the object to 500 V RMS.
- Three levels of amplification.
- Automatic or manual selection of operation modes.
- Screen backlight for work in dark.
Detection and tracing cables in ceilings, walls and floors
In response to the needs of customers, the LKO-720 has a specially designed 3D antenna that raises the precision of the wire tracing. Determine direction of wires in concrete up to 5 cm will not be a problem now.
LKZ enables operation work with four transmitters at the same time. The multi-transmitter operation of the system enables precise location of breaks in an electric system and identify individual cores in the cable or cables in a trench.
Locating power points and switches in buildings
Specially modulated and coded signal generated by the LKN-720 transmitter allows to locate and identify sockets and switches in energized and de-energized circuits.
Identification of fuses on the distribution board
Thanks to the precise sensor in LKO-720 and additional contact and non-contact probes, identify of breakers and fuses now will be easily and time-saving.
Possibility to tracing in no access conductors
LKO-720 with C-8 clamp used in the current mode or in other mode forcing current flow, allows to uniquely identify wire or cable with no physical connection to it.
Non-contact detection of live cables
LKO-720 allows to precisely detect energized wires in air and concrete without additional probes.
Additional areas of use
- detection of breaks in cables and wires
- locating short circuits between leads
- tracing shielded cables
- tracing cables in metal ducts
- tracing underground cables
- tracing conductive water and heating pipelines
- Technical Specification
Parameter Description Insulation type acc. to EN 61010-1 double Measurement category acc. to EN 61010-1 III 600 V Ingress protection rating acc. to EN 60529 IP67 Power supply 4 x AA alkaline batteries
or 4 x Ni-MH rechargeable batteries
Maximum operating voltage 500 V RMS Operating temperature -10°C...+50°C | 14°F...122°F Parameter Description Ingress protection rating acc. to EN 60529 IP40 Maximum depth of the analysed object (“I” mode) 2 m | 6.6 ft Maximum range of contactless neon probe in air 50 cm | 1.6 ft in concrete 5 cm | 0.16 ft Power supply 9 V 6LR61 alkaline battery Operating temperature -10°C...+50°C | 14°F...122°F