Ergonomics, durability, reliability
The Sonel P-6 bipolar voltage indicator is a reliable, extremely durable and safe tester, which allows to check voltage, continuity of circuit and phase sequence. It is designed to operate in the harshest environments, both industrial and commercial. Advanced technology, high level security and ease of use are the key features of the P-6.
Main functions and attributes of the P-6 instrument
- phase identification - unique feature in voltage indicators worldwide
- automatic voltage test up to 1000 V AC/DC
- optical indication by a LED bar and additional LCD display
- sound indication when dangerous voltage levels of 50 V AC and 120 V DC are exceeded
- RCD trip test with switchable load
- automatic continuity test upon connection to the object
- 2-pole test of phase rotation direction
- single-pole indication of 100 V presence
- resistance measurement up to 1999 Ω
- HOLD function for freezing the measurement results
- robust, two-component housing protecting from mechanical damages and impacts
- integrated torch light and backlit display for tests in poorly lit areas
- IP65 ingress protection guarantees protection against dust and water
- safety provided by measuring class compliant with CAT IV 600 V and CAT III 1000 V standards
Residual-current device trip testing
In response to the needs of clients, our new P-line voltage testers allow to check the RCD in a fully controllable way. With buttons on both probes, the user can reduce the internal impedance of the instrument, which makes it possible to trip the RCD. Additionally, pressing both buttons activates an additional loadpoint - a vibration motor. In this way, voltage can be measured in a tested circuit with no impact of stray currents on the result.
Durability and comfort of use
The housing has been designed for use in harsh industrial environments, where the application of personal protection equipment, such as voltage insulation safety gloves, is required. At the same time, the instrument’s ergonomic shape allows for one hand use.
Versatility and safety
Voltage testers are provided with a set of test probes. The probes reduce metal exposure to 4 mm length, which eliminates the risk of accidental contact with the wrong conductor when performing measurements on a wire harness. Additional screw-on metal adapters are used for applications where tips with 4 mm diameter are required. It is particularly important for tests in electrical sockets, where the user must be sure that contact between the probe and the conductor is kept. All elements of the set are stored in a special case so the probe tips can be replaced when needed. The case also includes an adapter that is helpful for unlocking the UK-type sockets.
- Technical Specification
Parameter Description measurement category CAT III 1000 V / IV 600 V range of voltage 6,0 …. 1000 V AC/DC LED bar 7 segments backlit LCD display √ continuity test √ 10 mA / 30 mA RCD trip test √ built-in torch light √ single-pole phase tester √ 2-pole phase rotation tester √ IP65 protection class √ resistance test √ freeze display √ phase identification √ insulation type acc. to EN 61010-1 double-insulation, class II instrument power supply 2 x LR03 AAA 1.5 V (recommended alkaline cells) operating frequency range 16…400 Hz min. recovery time after operating for 30 s 240 s continuity test: light and sound signal for R ≤ 400 kΩ range of resistance measurement 1…1999 Ω input impedance approx. 300 kΩ range for single-pole phase indicator 100…1000 V min. activation voltage ±6 V AC/DC operating temperature -15…+55°C | 5…131°F storage temperature -20…+70°C | -4…+158°F max. humidity 95% max. operating altitude 2000 m | 6562 ft auto-off time 10 s / 30 s (HOLD mode) display LCD, 3½ digits, 1999 read-out with function indicators electromagnetic compatibility in accordance with standards EN 61326-1, EN 61326-2-2 conformance with the requirements of standards EN 61010-1, EN 61243-3 quality standard ISO 9001